Sunday 10 February 2013

Vichy LiftActiv Cream - REVIEW

Don't you just love brands who like to keep their products simple, in terms of packing and advertising. Instead of focusing on how to catch the costumers eyes by pretty packing, they focus of what really counts, which is the ingredients. To me Vichy is a brand that is so understated, it's a brand that I have seen sold on sasa and various online shops. But it never grabbed my eye, until I found escentual.com and they were having a massive sale on all French pharmacy brands like A-Derma, Avene, La Roche-Posay and Vichy. 

Having heard some good things about the brand, I decided to take advantage of this sale and buy the Vichy LiftActiv Day Cream. 

Amount: 50mL
Made in: France
Price: £27.00 ($40.00 AUD)
Purchase: Escentual.com
 Product Info: Skin looks immediately firmer and deep wrinkles appear visibly smoother. Proven efficacy on the appearance of wrinkles, on the forehead, crow's feet and neck. 
 Product Instruction: On cleansed skin, apply LiftActiv Day in the morning to the face and neck. Smooth on gently until thoroughly absorbed. 

Just like the Vichy LiftActiv Night Cream (reviewed here) the key ingredient is Rhamnose, a naturally derived plant sugar extracted in its purest form. Vichy claims that it's LiftActiv Day Cream reduces wrinkles by 20% on areas such as crow's feet, forehead lines and the neckline, within 8 weeks if used daily with the LiftActiv Night. I researched about Rhamnose and it's effect on the skin and surprisingly there was in virto lab tests (testing done in petri dishes) that did show Rhamnose to produce fewer aging byproducts. These results show that Rhamnose is an effective anti-aging ingredient. However, are these results also seen on people?     
The packing is the same as the LiftActiv Night, a heavy white coloured glass jar. It did not come with an inner lid or a spatula, which I find annoying and unhygienic. But thanks to Naruko products I have a tonne of spatulas. The LiftActive Day Cream comes in two different formulas, dry skin and normal to combination skin types. Since I brought the dry skin type because I have very dry skin. The LiftActiv Day Cream for dry skin is a thick white texture, not thick like the LiftActiv Night but thick enough to hold its form. While I do have dry skin I don't want a day moisturizer to be heavy and sticky on my face. When spread into the skin this cream is quickly absorbed without leaving any sticky residue on the face. My face immediately feels more moisturized, plumped and smoother. It has a light scent and it does last for a while on the face.    

Overall results, I'm happy with this cream it's comfortable, non-greasy, non-sticky and keeps my face well hydrated throughout the day. But does it provide anti-aging properties, I'm not sure because I have been told that most anti-aging ingredients are more effect during the night and that the sun rays reduce their effects if used during the day. But I can say that I love how my face looks and feels so moisturized under BB creams and foundations when I use this cream.

Recommend? Yes, a good moisturizer for dry skin. Don't worry these a normal/combination formula too.

Repurchase? Yes, but like all women I love trying out new creams. 

Have you tired any products from Vichy? How were they for you?
Love,
Sakura

2 comments:

  1. I purchased vichy lift active night cream online the d cream wasn't filled upto the rim of the jar. n some portion of the cream seemed to have been scooped out. Is the packin so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rajpreet,

      Where did you purchase it from? Also it cloud be the result of packing and also the jar did not come with a inner plastic lid. Which may be why it looks like someone has scooped it out.

      Delete