Sunday 10 February 2013

It's Skin Prestige Serum D'escargot - REVIEW

I have been meaning to write this review for the longest time now, but I just forgot about until now when I was going through my photos. Snail creams have been/still are a big this in Korea right now. It's Skin Prestige D'escargot has been a must try, I tired and did not see what all the rave was about. Today I will be reviewing the Prestige Serum D'escargot.


Amount: Face Serum - 40mL
Eye Serum - 15mL
Made in: Korea
Price: 38 000 won ($36.00 AUD)
Purchase: G-market 
 Product Info: Snail slime extract is known for its healing properties, it will rapidly
 heal damaged skin, freckles, age spots and blemishes.  
 Product Instruction: Apply face serum after toner and eye serum after. 

The only reason I brought this was because I had heard great reviews about the cream, and since I have a thing about using products from the same line, also at the time It's Skin was having a 30% off sale and I had G-market coupons.So basically I paid way less for it than the RRP.

The set contains a face serum and a bonus eye serum. The face serum comes is a sturdy plastic pump bottle, at first I thought is was glass but it still looks classy. However, there is no way you can open the cap and scoop out the remaining product. Which really sucks because I'm 100% sure there is plenty left over.  

Prestige Serum D'escargot   
The face serum contains 21% of snail slime extract which is  a remarkable skin recovery system. This serum claims to accelerate cell production, reduce the appearance of freckles, age spots, blemishes and clam troubled skin. So basically, it's an all in one serum aiming to fix all of the skins troubles.

The serum has a gel texture and opens it is blended into the face it makes the skin feel very smooth. When I applied this I just felt like I have applied primer, and sure enough the ingredients contained loads of silicone. It didn't cause me any breakouts, but it didn't do any thing for my face. A very big disappointment for me. 

Prestige Serum Eye D'escargot 
This is was part of the set and it marked as an eye serum, but it looks and feels more like an eye cream. The box did not have any information regarding this eye serum, but the ingredient list is very similar to the face serum. This is just your average eye cream, it keeps the eye area will moisturized and does not make concealer slip and slide. But other than that it does nothing for anti-aging.

Recommend? No, there are plenty of other serums in that price range that offer much more results than this serum.

Repurchase? No     
       
Love,
Sakura

1 comment:

  1. I heard that the snail product has to contain at least 80% of snail secretion filtrate to actually give any visible results, maybe that's why it didn't work? :)

    ReplyDelete