Sunday 28 July 2013

Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

As we all know that the eye area is the first part of the face that begins to show the signs of aging. When it comes to skincare I believe that prevention is better than curing later on. I also believe that it is never too early to start using an eye cream, just make sure to buy one that is most suitable to your age and your concerns. I should point out that must Shiseido products are really expensive in Australia and I have not tired many products from them. I also never purchase any high end products in Australia without them being on sale. This cream retails for $55 to $77 and I couldn't justify they price, so when I saw it on sale for $35 on Sasa.com during the International Women's Day Sale. I just had to have it. 
The Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream is an ultra-rich age-defense eye cream that protects skin from harsh, dehydrating environment and dramatically minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and lines to promote a youthfully smooth, radiant look. The Benefiance line is targeted towards mature women. Since I don't have any visible wrinkles and just a few fine lines. I wanted something that was a bit more rich and that could help 'slow' down the process.

The product is housed in a gold coloured, glass jar. Despite all the advances that skincare brands have gone through, they still come out with products in jars. Jars are not hygienic, even if a spatula is used, also most eye creams are packed with lots of antioxidants and this sort of packing does not keep the benefits stable throughout use.
This is a truly rich and thick cream, so a little really does go a long way. Since it is on the thicker side I only use this during the night, because I have found it to take a few minutes to fully sink in and I usually don't have time to wait in the mornings. Also I found that when I did use it in the mornings it made my concealer slip and slide around. Be careful not to use a lot because I did notice little bumps under my eye area, which a called milia.

So did this eye cream live up it's claims? I have a few fine lines and I have been using this cream for almost three months now and I have seen a slight change. Nothing dramatic but any result is a good thing, I will continue to use this eye cream in hope that it will reduce the lines.

However, I'm a bit unsure about the ingredients mostly because the third ingredient is mineral oil, the fifth is petrolatum and the seventh is paraffin. These three ingredients all belong in one group and are mostly used in skincare products as thickeners or emollients or emulsifiers. Also they are usually considered as the baddies in skincare. I'm still on the fence about the whole mineral oil, paraffin and petrolatum mostly because I really don't know if they really do clog pores. I mostly feel cheated when I see them listed on high end products, like this one, because these ingredients are fairly cheap so should they be used in high ends products? What do you think about this?

Recommend? Yes, do keep an eye on SaSa.com because they do put this on a good sale from time to time.

Repurchase? I already have a back up/

Love,
Sakura

2 comments: