Wednesday 17 July 2013

My Winter Must Haves

It's winter time in the land Down Under, while we did get a few beautiful warm days mostly it has been really cold here in Sydney. I'm really glad that I have a Uni break right now, because I get really lazy during winter and just want to stay in bed all day in my PJs and catch up on some books. Let me get to the point of this post, which is my skincare must haves right now. We all know what winter can play havoc on our bodies, with dry cold winds outside and blasting up the heater and standing under hot hot showers, and drinking way too much coffee trying to keep warm.

While I love the winter time it's an enemy to my body because I have very dry skin. But lately I have have noticed that my skin has been looking pretty good, with no ugly dry patches at all. And I really think it has something to do with these changes.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
I must admit I'm obsessed with cleansers that foam up, I know that it's not really good for the skin but I just love them. So when I saw this huge 1 liter cleanser on sale at my local pharmacy I bought it right away. At first I was on the fence with it and I did fall in love with it but I also didn't hate it. I start it using at at night to help with removing make up and then following it with a foaming cleanser. But then I decided to use it with a konjac sponge and I think I liking the product more. Just like the name suggests it's really gentle.

Nuxe Multi-Purpose Dry Oil
I bought this last summer but did not try it out until now and I LOVE it, yes I have been using it for less than two months but I love it already. You can use it on your body, hair and face, but I just save it for my face. I use this during the during the day because it very light and does not leave any residue on my face. This makes my face look really dewy and soft to the touch.Plus it have the most amazing scent.

Naruko Rosehip Perfecting Elixir
Rosehip oil has been really popular right now with almost every skin care company coming out with one. This is the only rosehip oil that I know, so I can't compare to anything else. It's very thick which is why I use it during the night. I use about two drops and then apply my moisturizer, it's very thick in texture and does need a minute or two for it to fully sink in. Also it's only 10ml and I'm close to finishing it, maybe I should review it before it's done.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
I suffer from dry skin but at the same time I hate body creams that take time to be absorbed and feel sticky. I received a coconut gift set and I'm really loving the texture of it. It leaves my body well moisturized but without feeling greasy at all, plus the scent it good enough to eat.

Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25
I think I have at least six of these Jack Black lip balms and I love them all. They keep my lips soft without feeling sticky. These have been my favorite to use during the day time because they also contain SPF.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Gloss
I only bought this because it was a buy one get one free offer on SaSa.com, it's part gloss part balm. It looks like  a gloss but keeps my lips well hydrated. One thing that does worry me is that it's petrolatum based.

Lucas Papaw Ointment
This a really thick lip balm that I use mostly at night and wake up with really soft lips. It can also be used for cuts, cracked skin, insect bite and nappy rash. It's also petrolatum based but I really do feel like this has helped with my dry lips the most.

So this is what I have been loving this winter, what are your winter must haves?

Love,
Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment