Monday 10 December 2012

Naruko Narcissus Total Defense Fundamental Serum - REVIEW

 The Narcissus Total Defense Skincare Series targets individuals that are vulnerable to harmful environments and stress, which cause damage to the skin. It helps to wake up the dull-looking skin while conditioning the skin. The whole series contains activating components to improve the texture of your skin. Narcissus bulbs can help prevent melanin formation and excessive activity of free radicals while brightening and providing protection for you skin.   
 

 Naruko Narcissus Total Defense Fundamental Serum

Amount: 30mL

Made in: Taiwan

Price: Discontinued

Purchase: Naruko.com.tw
Product Info:
This serum contains a special formula that reaches 
deep down into the skin, fighting aging while preventing 
moisture loss and revitalizing the skin.
 Product Instruction After toner and emulsion squeeze out 1-2 pumps and spread it evenly around the face. Use your fingertips to massage it thoroughly. 
 
First of all I must say how sad I am for this product it has been discontinued and Naruko have yet to replace it with another similar serum. I have seen Naruko updating there creams and changing the packaging. I doing his review in hope that they will see how much this serum is loved and  hopefully they will bring it back.
The Narcissus line was the first skincare line that was produced under the Naruko brand. At that time I was just starting to get into skincare and so this was the first proper skincare line that I stuck to. So I purchased the whole set, it was for about $40-50, I can't remember. But it cam with 11 items and 3 boxes of cotton pads. With shipping I think the total came to $75 or so. Great value if you ask me.  
 I still love the Narcissus line for it's smell and calming effect on the skin. But my favorite product out of the set is the Total Defense Fundamental Serum.   
What they say: Narcissus Total Defense Fundamental Serum is made especially with natural ingredients such as snow fungus extracts, Solomon oil, glycoprotien, peptides and scutellaria baicalensis. It also contains Narcissus bulbs extract, Arbutin and the exclusive patented Phytoferulin complex to improve your skin's natural defense while brightening your complexion. This serum is also formualted with multiple essential oils to soothe your skin, relieve stress and increase its absorbance, allowing the serum to be absorbed effectively. 
What I say: Yes, yes and yes. This serum ticks all the boxes, it moisturizes, brightens and soothes my skin. The relieving stress could be due to the fact that this serum smells so natural. This serum was meant to be used as a layering type. I have noticed that western skincare encourage us to use one serum at a time. However, Asian skincare do the total opposite you are encougraed to layer you skincare and serums. So I will use this as the first serum let it absorb and then apply another serum that targets something else.
 
The serum slightly cloudy in colour and looks like a gel type when you first pump it out. But as soon as you start to spread it around it becomes more watery and absorbs into the skin super fast. My skin feels more moisturized and very soft to the touch. I have not noticed any anti-againg effects and that's because I don't have any lines on face, besides a few fine lines around my eyes.    
The only bad thing that I have to say about this is that the packaging could be better and if Naruko do ever bring this back I hope they will have it in a pump bottle. 
 
Naruko if you do ever stumble upon this review or all the good reviews on this serum, please please please bring it back. I do have three more back ups of this serum but now I feel like saving them because I know that they are not available any more.
Love,
Sakura  

No comments:

Post a Comment