Friday 19 April 2013

REVIEW - L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lipgloss

The L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquers have created quite a buzz in America and other countries and now they have been released here in Australia. These babies have been compared to the YSL Glossy Stains, which I don't own so I cannot give you my comparison. L'oreal describes these as "The next generation lip colour, that combines the texture & shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. Delivering a lasting colour with a subtle glossy shine". 

These come in 12 shades but in Australia only 8 have been released. They have also been given different names. I brought mine from Ulta so I don't know what shade they would be in Australia.


The packaging is very sleek for a drugstore brand, they come in a gold tube with a clear band that corresponds to the colour. From far you would expect them ti be a little bit heavy and luxurious but instead they are quite light. Also these are very prone to fingerprints, I had to wipe them so much in order to get a good photo of them.


The applicator is a tear shape and this makes is very easy to apply. Speaking of application these need to be applied a certain way in order to get the long lasting effect. You first apply a light layer leave for a minute then apply another layer. You can build up the colour but you must be careful not to apply it all at the same time.
  
Pink Resistance - 183
 Pink Resistance is soft pink with a hint of coral and micro shimmer. Its a great everyday colour for me.

Infinite Fuchsia - 187
 Infinite Fuchsia is a deep wine purple with no shimmers. This was really hard to photograph it kept on coming out a deep red and this was the best I could get it to the actual colour. But just me in person this is a lot more vibrant and more purple. 

When first applied these are glossy and feel just like a normal lipgloss but after a few seconds they start to get thicker. When I rub my lips with one another it does not feel natural but at the same time it's not uncomfortable. The glossy effect does go away after a few hours and the stain that is left over from Infinite Fuchsia is very unattractive because it just settled into the fine lines on my lips. But Pink Resistance was nothing like that and that's because it was a lighter shade. I do like these as you really feel like you have no product on your lips. My lips looked will hydrated with these on but once they were removed I had to apply lip balm. 

Like I said I got these from Ulta and they were $9.99 each, but were on a buy one get one 50% off. However, in Australia they retail for $23.95 each. That's crazy considering that the YSL Glossy Stains cost $34 in the US. 

Recommend? Yes, these are a cheaper alternative to the YSL, they are also light and long lasting.

Repurchase? Yes, if I was to get them from America. No, from Australia because I just cannot justify the price for them, considering that these were still much more cheaper even with shipping.

Love,
Sakura
 

No comments:

Post a Comment