Friday 19 April 2013

REVIEW - Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick

Covergirl is just one of these brands that I just don't pay a whole lotta attention to, or it could be that they don't draw me in. I have never owned and Covergirl products till now. These lipsticks are not new releases but they were raved about so much in the beauty world. So while I was ordering for family/friends from Walgreen's, I saw that they had a buy one get one 50% off and they were already discounted plus Walgreen's had a $10 off when you spend $50 or more. Bargain, man you gotta love American prices.


"Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a 
silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture 
levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days."
This is Covergirl's description, I do love lipstick but most can make your lips very dry. Which is why I totally in love with the new trend of hybrid lipcolours, Maybelline Whispers, Revlon Lip Butters, L'oreal Colour Riche Balms and the list goes on. But while these lipsticks do offer great moisture and have good pigmentation they not very long lasting. 

These lipsticks are very pigmented and come in a range of colours and finishes. These glide on super smooth and very intense in pigmentation. While they are not as moisturizing as a lip balm, I do find them comfortable. When the lipstick is removed my lips are not dying for lip balm so that always a good thing.

 I don't if Walgreen's sent these damaged or if they got damaged on their way to me. The packaging is really nice for a cheap lipstick, they have corresponding colour of each lipstick on the bottom of the tube which is always handy.
L-R: Sultry, Heavenly, Fairytale, Siren


Sultry
A creamy neutral pink. Very wearable and would flattery a lot of skin tones.
Heavenly
  A medium-dark pink. It's a cream finish which makes is everyday friendly.
Fairytale
  I don't know how to describe this shade, it's a rosy/dusky pink. It's also a cream finish and very flattering. This is very opaque and even stained my lips, I used a make up wipe to try and remove the colour so I can swatch the next one but the stain would not budge. 
 For almost three days my lips were stained like this. I would just apply a clear lip balm on top of it.
Siren
A medium pink with tiny gold shimmers. I feel like this is not as moisturizing as the rest. I also stained my lips.
 This also lasted for about two days. This is my least favorite shade because of the the shimmers it even makes removing the lipstick a hassle.

Here comes the cons these lipsticks smell and taste really nasty. They have a very waxy scent, almost like an old lipstick would smell like. The scent does linger on for quite a while which made it very hard to review them.The taste is very revolting and I have not touched them since I took photos and swatched them. I don't know if I just got a bad batch but I'm really disappointed.

Recommend? Based on what I got, I don't recommend these. Revlon, Maybelline and L'oreal have a tonne of lipsticks and I have never had a issue with their scent.

Repurchase? Definitely no.

Love,
Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment