Friday 16 November 2012

Haul MAC, Bath and Body Works, E.L.F and Walgreens + hopshopgo.com review

When you live in a country that sells "drugstore" make up at high end prices you are left with a really hard decision on what to try out. Beauty bloggers and Youtube certainly don't make that easy, because you keep on read and watching people rave about how amazing Revlon Kissable lip stains are, and how they just love some cheap and great E.L.F product is. And then you rush out to your nearest Priceline only to be shocked at how expensive it cost here in Australia, and if your like me you look, swatch and leave empty handed because you just cannot justify the price.

This got me search good ol' Google for alternatives and most of the results was eBay listings but how can you tell the product is still fresh and not a million years old. So I some how stumbled across HopShopGo.com which is created by the people at PayPal so you know it's safe to use. So how does it work I hear you saying?? Well it basically a forwarding company, you sign up with your PayPal e-mail and they give you an American address that you use. HopShopGo.com also offer a buy for me option for website that don't accept international credit cards.

What really made me jump ahead with the forwarding company was Bath and Body Works, they were having a buy 3 get 3 free on all of the body care section. I have tired their products before and really liked them so I knew it was a good deal. I ordered 3 triple moisture creams and got 3 free of my choice. I also got a Slatkin & Co candle in White Sand.

Bath and Body Works
 I then ordered for E.L.F they were having 50% off the eyes section, so I got some brushes, mascaras, eyeshadow and some other things. I know E.L.F have an Australian website, but seriously have you seen there prices absolutely ridiculous, for example the essential line costs $1.00 in Australia the same line costs from $2.99-$3.99. So I got a really good deal with the 50% off. However, a few days later they were having a 50% off the Studio line and so I had to get the flat powder brush that everyone raves about.

E.L.F I actually got two packages :)

Next was Walgreens they were having Buy 1, Get 1 Free on all of the Revlon items. I have been wanting to try the Revlon Colourstay foundation for the longest time ever, but it costs $34.95 in Australia, while in America is cost $12.99. So I bought the Revlon Kissable Lip Stains, ColourBurst Lip Butters and the ColourStay Whipped foundation.

Walgreens
 My final stop was the MAC site, to be honest I have never set foot in a MAC counter mostly because I cannot afford it. But the US site was considerably much more affordable than the Australian one. I got the famous MAC Face and Body foundation, Studio concealer, Fix+ and Strobe cream.

MAC goodies
Overall, the shipping was a bit expensive but I did choose to use the speed delivery and my items arrived within 3 days. Even with the shipping fees the items I bought were still much cheaper than buying them in Australia. I quite enjoyed shopping with HopShopGo and I would definitely shop with them again.

Stay tuned as I will be doing separate posts on the items I bought with swatches.

Love,
Sakura


No comments:

Post a Comment