Wednesday 14 August 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been really busy with uni plus our internet is not working properly. Anyway, I wanted to review this product from Rimmel a long time ago, this product has been raved about all over the world from the UK to the USA and now they are finally here in Australia. But are they really that great??

When I first saw them I thought that they were lip stains, but it turns out that these are a basically a liquid lipstick, it has the pigmentation of a lipstick and the shine of a lip gloss. I brought these on sale from ASOS for around $5, you can read about it here. They are now available in Australia for $15.95.

The packing is really pretty, I like the fat that it is clear at the end so that you can see the colour without opening it. It has a doe foot applicator that has a little dip so that it picks up a little more product. The applicator picks up enough product to create a thick coat and I find that I don't need to re-dip. Lets get on with the swatches.
Bare lips.
Luna.
Nova.
Stellar.
Apocaliptic.
Big Bang.
As you can see from the swatches these are very pigmented. They were all very easy to apply, went on smoothly and since the texture was very creamy it covers dry patches. I admit that these look marvelous on the lips and photo graph beautifully. But I don't like them at all, which is a shame because I really wanted to love using them.

These are very popular and I just don't get why, maybe because I like applying products that are fuss free and don't require a lot of attention. One of the reasons why I did not like them is the formula does not set at all no matter how long you leave them on your lips. This makes them smear and if you were to eat or drink them they would create a mess. The other reason it the scent, they have this cheap melted plastic scent which does linger on for a while. I have tired to use them in other ways, I use just a tiny amount and spread it with my finger to create a slight tint. I have also used them as a blush and it was OK. 

If you are looking to buy them I would suggest you buy them from ASOS because they are much cheaper there, or you could wait for a sale.

Recommend? No, if you like fuss free make up.

Repurchase? No.

Love,
Sakura

2 comments:

  1. I just can't stand product that don't dry >.< Always end up finding marks on my hands or clothing... Thank you for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe how much I disliked them and that's because I have heard so much good things in the blogging world. I'm just glad I got them on sale for about $5 each and that I didn't have to pay full price.

    ReplyDelete