Wednesday 14 August 2013

Methode Swiss Whitening UV Cream

As most of you know that whitening skincare is really popular in Asia, and while I do like using products that contain whitening ingredients I have grown to dislike using whitening skincare during the day and reserve them for night time. This way I can be sure that no other factors like the sun, weather and SPF are working against the effects of that product. However, I didn't always think that and this why I ended up with the Methode Swiss Whitening UV cream.


Methode Swiss products are made in Switzerland, which is were the Vitamcreme B12 started and when all know what craziness happened for that product. I have only seen Methode Swiss on Sasa.com and they are usually on sale. Do keep an eye on Sasa.com and you might see them for less than retail prices.

The Methode Swiss Whitening range consists of a cleansing gel, toner, UV fluid, UV cream, matifying mask, serum and spot eraser. The range is aimed for use during the summer because during the summer weather conditions can be particularly problematic for skin. Heat and vigorous UV radiation can aggravate it, causing more than the usual breakouts. Methode Swiss Whitening range aims to effectively protect the skin against the harmful effects of free radicals or climatic variation. The products help restore a radiant complexion by reducing dark spots and pigmentation. The range is developed with exclusive Whitening Detox Complex (WDC). This potent complex of scientifically tested ingredients helps to minimizes pigment and spots, while cumulatively lightening and evening out the complexion.
The Methode Swiss Whitening UV Cream claims to be a moisturizing and whitening cream with a high SPF 15 UV filter to protect the skin against damage induced by UV rays. It's specifically formulated for skin with signs of pigmentation and anyone who desires a brighter, more radiant complexion. On the box it states to apply morning and/or evening over thoroughly cleansed and toned skin of face and neck. I don't know why they would want us to use it during the evening when the product contains SPF??

The product comes in a frosted 30ml glass jar and no spatula was provided. I think that pump bottles should be used for all creams, not only is it more hygienic but it also keeps the ingredients fresher for longer. 

The texture of cream is on the heavy side and very rich, so a little goes a long way. The cream doesn't feel greasy and it's very moisturizing. It gives me a nice dewy look but also feels matte at the same time, I know this is weird but that's what I have noticed. I have been using this during my morning skincare routine for almost two months now and I have not noticed any whitening effects at all. I do like the dewy look it gives me just not enough to repurchase it again.

Recommend? Yes, if you can get this on sale then do try it out.

Repurchase? No, I like to try out different creams plus I have loads of others brands in my stash to try out.

Love,
Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment