Friday 21 June 2013

Mizon Black Bean Anti-Aging Mask

I'm a mask addict, be it clay, jelly, cream or sheet masks. I just love laying down with a mask on and relaxing at the end of the day. I have an entire drawer dedicated to my masks, that my fellow beauty friends is what I call an obsession. I admit that I own much more than I would ever need, which is why my mother never buys masks for herself!

MIZON is a new Korean brand for me, and when I first spotted their shop on G-market I was drawn to their products and the affordable prices. I also saw that Hope In a Blog has tired a few products from them and this gave me the push I needed to try them out.
Since 'black' ingredients have been very huge in Korean skincare, I wanted to see if Black Bean Extract had any actual benefits for the skin and as it turns out it has a history of being a main ingredient in Japanese and South Korean skincare. Black Beans are great for the skin are complexion, they aid in the production of red blood cells are rich in anti-oxidants. They also help to retain moisture and suppleness. (source)

The MIZON Black Bean Anti-Aging Mask is a wash-off mask which has outstanding antioxidant function. Isoflavone in black beans increases skin elasticity and skin's ability to recover. 

Isoflavone is a plant estrogen with potent antioxidant properties for the skin! Once I start researching an ingredient, that does not lose it's effectiveness when placed in skincare products, I do not stop until I have read all the pros and cons. I pleased to say that I'm quite happy with is product. Because it turns out that black bean extract is an effective moisturizing and anti-aging ingredient.
While this does look like a clay mask it's actually a cream mask. It's very soft to the touch and seeing the little black dots you would think it is going to be an exfoliating mask. But in fact the black bits mush out once you spread the mask onto your face. It has a slight sweet scent but it does not linger on at all.

MIZON advise you to wash you face with warm water to open up the pores and then apply the mask, avoiding the eye and lip areas. I use this about 3 times a week, you will need to wash it off after 15-20 minutes. After I use it my skin is left very well hydrated and so soft. I have been using this for about two weeks but I really cannot comment about it's anti-aging claims because I only have a few lines around my eyes and I cannot use the mask on that area. However, I'm impressed by this product and I do enjoy using it.

Recommend? Yes

Repurchase? Yes

Love,
Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment