Saturday 8 June 2013

Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence

Unlike other Korean skincare/cosmetic brands, Secret Key is not very well known outside of Korea. The brand mainly consists of skincare products with a few cosmetics products too. Late last year they came out with the Starting Treatment Essence which is their 'version' of SK II Facial Treatment Essence. While Secret Key mainly sell affordable products, they have recently been releasing more expensive skincare.
When they first released this product they were having a buy one get one free offer, sadly the seller only sent me one. I emailed them several times but never received any response from them. Apart from that the seller did include two full sized facial mists. The packing looks exactly like SK II and had I not known the brand I would have marked it as fake.  It comes in a sleek glass bottle, that makes  it look and feel very luxurious.

Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence contains over 90% of yeast ferment extract, which is what
SK II call Pitera, I also claims to have whitening proprieties, and diminishes wrinkles and blemishes. You just gotta love all-in-one products! Secret Key's formula is 7 free which means that it is free from these nasty ingredients paraben, mineral oil, benzophenone, alcohol, animal oil, colour and spice?? What do they mean by spice. If you would like to read more about this product click HERE

I have been using this for the past two months and I have noticed a difference. After applying toner I pour a few drops of the essence onto my palms and gently pat it onto my face. Since its very watery it's quickly absorbed into the skin. To be honest I really did not have any hope for this, but it has proved me wrong. It is very hydrating for an essence but you still need a good moisturizer. It is now winter in Australia and during winter my face tends to be very dry and even a few dry patches seem to pop up, but this winter I haven't seen any dry patches. I use this twice a day and you really don't need a lot, so it will last for a long time. 

Recommend? Yes, it's much more affordable than SK II and it actually works.

Repurchase? Yes.

Love,
Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment